Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ultimate Season

In anticipation of the looming cancellation of the 2011-2012 NBA season, I've decided that instead of doing the Ultimate Tournament this year, I'm going to try to do the Ultimate Season. I'm going to take the ultimate rosters (I'm in the process of updating them right now) and run the entire 2011-2012 schedule with those rosters. A couple notes:


1. The Rosters will be mostly the same as they were last year for the Ultimate Tournament, a few teams might be slightly updated because of the results of last year and the addition of win share data from before 1952.
2. The games will be run through the WhatIfSports simulator. During last year's tournament, I determined the minutes and positions and whatnot myself, but due to time constraints, I'm afraid I'm going to have to let WIS do that on it's own.
3. If this takes off enough, hopefully we can do an All-Star Game and season Awards and Honors. If I get enough readers, maybe I can even have people vote on it. That'd be kind of cool.
4. If anyone has the schedule for every team for every month on one sheet/page or knows where I can find it, please post the link in the comments.
5. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. This is great...Honestly can't wait...

    You should keep on doing the List and the Jerseys though....hope you don't drop that...

    I might make a schedule for you....you want just every teams games on a calendar, do you want it like the Hawks January schedule, or the Hawks schedule, full season, with little calendars?

    And I assume it's like the 2012 season, correct?

    This would be really, really cool....This is really is the ultimate season....I really love the awesome projects here...

    I don't know if your Ultimate Season project or my Whos the Best NBA team project is longer...they are both really long and extensive.

    No guarantees I'll be able to make a schedule if that is what you are asking for, I have time issues too....

    Really, really cool....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not planning on dropping either the List of Greatness or Hanging from the Rafters. I'm planning on just running the games that SHOULD have been played each day, and then posting the results each day. (I'm actually planning on running the simulations far in advance and just scheduling the results to be posted each day, but you get the idea...) And I know there's a schedule out there of everybody's games all on one list like OCT 1 - X vs Y, A @ Z; OCT 2 - B vs C, D @ E; etc. I just forgot to bookmark it and couldn't find the link when I posted this article.

    ReplyDelete