Friday, February 18, 2011

2011 Hall of Fame Nominations

The Hall of Fame announced the finalists for the 2011 class were announced today, including these notable NBA stars - Maurice Cheeks, Chris Mullin, Dennis Rodman, Ralph Sampson, and Jamaal Wilkes. Even more interesting, Reggie Miller was not on the list despite it being his first year of eligibility. According to the ranking with my "greatness equation," Miller is #45, Rodman is #78, Cheeks is #92, Mullin is #95, Wilkes is #125, and Sampson is #241.


Honestly, I don't think anyone from this list will get in (my gut reaction to Reggie is even a "no" despite his high ranking on my list.) I could possibly see Rodman, Cheeks, and/or Mullin getting in this year, in that order, but I wouldn't bet my life on any of them.


Speaking of the Hall of Fame, I'm going to introduce my next project, which I'm tentatively calling "The List of Greatness." (I'm open to suggestions on names.) This initially started out as an idea to "fix" the Hall of Fame, but it's really evolved into something slightly different. Stay tuned for the next post for the full details.

No comments:

Post a Comment