Monday, August 27, 2012

The New Orleans...

This is going to be very brief and mostly just a follow up to my previous post about changing NBA nicknames. But I think I've got a good one for New Orleans - the New Orleans Bon Temps. It's French for "Good Times." Intimidating? No. But it fits that city/culture like a glove. (And it's not like the Orlando "Magic" is exactly putting the fear of God into anyone by reminding other teams they share a city with Disney World.) Plus, I could really see the people of New Orleans, and casual fans in general, rallying around the phrase, "Laissez le Bon Temps rouler!" (Let the good times roll!) Who wouldn't want to yell that? Or buy a shirt with that written on it? I think that's what I'm going to call them from now on. Someone pass this along to Tom Benson, please.

1 comment: